I love smelling great. Although VS in America no longer sells this, I got it in the U.K. as a gift a few months back in July and it is still available on Amazon.
IT SMELLS AMAZING.
Feminine – Fresh. Floral. Light. Perfect for Spring/ Summer… but really you can wear it all year round.
Here’s how the bottle looks:
Have you tried this perfume before? Let me know what you think below!
lots of love,
(yup, that’s fresh out of the ground Jamaican Turmeric)
You’ll see the more refined, powdered version in the supermarkets in a little bottle!
Random Facts about Turmeric:
- It’s a plant
- It’s the main spice in curry (yum), mustards, butters, and cheeses
- It’s oil is used in perfumes (who would have thought!)
- It’s used to make medicine
- It’s a cousin of ginger
- It has a bitter taste ( it’s like a kick, but a nice kick )
Curcumin, a compound found only in turmeric, is the main compound for the healing
(based on scientific research)
- Cures Acne
- Prevents skin damage
- Improves skin conditions ( psoriasis, eczema,etc)
- Exfoliating agent
- Gives you glowing skin
- Tightens skin
- Lightens facial hair
- Reduces cholesterol
- Improves digestion
- Controls blood pressure
- Treats diabetes
- Wound healing
- Blood purifier
- Natural anti- inflammatory
- Natural analgesic
- Natural antiseptic
- Natural antioxidant
- Natural antibiotic
- Prevents cancer growth cells (breast, prostate,leukemia, colon,skin,lymphoma)
BTW, don’t confuse turmeric with Javanese turmeric root (Curcuma zedoaria).
What are some ways you use turmeric? Please share in the comment box below 🙂
lots of love,
Photo Credit: Thanks to @jhayoc getting the real Jamaican turmeric