At times the journey of faith can be very hard. Sometimes it’s hard for us to remember that each closed door has a reason.
Jesus closes doors in order to protect us from the things He knows we do not need. His hand is on you, always. Every test, every trial, every hurt, every disappointment- persevere because your breakthrough is closer than you think.
Keep the faith.
lots of love,
The Graced Citizen
Follow me on Instagram
Are you too focused on your flaws? When you feel down about yourself, take a good look at your accomplishments – big and small – and you’ll realize there is so much to be proud of. All of your features are unique and beautiful in their own way. Love yourself. Love your accomplishments. Love your portion. You are fearfully and wonderfully made! You are beautiful my darling!
lots of love,
Communicating is hard sometimes, Right??!?! Who’s with me?!
Well I have really been reflecting on this area, because sometimes I just prefer to not say anything. But, here is the reality – that doesn’t solve anything – especially when it involves the ones you love. So here’s some things I noted.
- Talking isn’t necessarily communicating
- Listen with intention and understanding ( Yikes, I am still working on this! I have that gift of tuning conversations out)
- Understand when it’s time to talk and when it’s time to listen
- Practice to hear what each other is saying
- Take time to repeat what you’re saying if the person doesn’t really understand
- Avoid trying to communicate when you’re angry (Breathe. Think. Think again. Then remember Proverbs 18:21 NKJV “Death and life are in the power of the tongue and those who love it will eat it’s fruit” – then speak.
- Note your tone of voice (also working on this- I’ve always had a very serious, abrupt tone – but I realize this affects how people receive what I am trying to say even if it’s coming from a loving place so it is something you will have to actively work on)
- Remember you are on the same team – we are all part of God’s kingdom.
- Take your defense hat off
- Stop shifting the blame
Well there you have it!
Do you have any communication tips to share? Comment and let me know below.
Have a great Tuesday!
lots of love,
Does each person around you add to your life?
You have grown from the place you were… are they growing with you?
I recently read something that is very true:
“People will hold on very hard to your past because they don’t like the conviction they receive from the change they see in your life.”
Evaluate your circle.. You may be blocking your blessings by hanging with the wrong people! You have to understand that you have now been set apart. You will be pruned in every area of your life when this happens – they may not understand and that’s okay.
Elevation requires separation.
So this 2018, I encourage you to be close enough to lead and love them… but far enough to allow them to follow.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
lots of love and blessings,