At times the journey of faith can be very hard. Sometimes it’s hard for us to remember that each closed door has a reason.
Jesus closes doors in order to protect us from the things He knows we do not need. His hand is on you, always. Every test, every trial, every hurt, every disappointment- persevere because your breakthrough is closer than you think.
Keep the faith.
lots of love,
The Graced Citizen
Follow me on Instagram
Are you too focused on your flaws? When you feel down about yourself, take a good look at your accomplishments – big and small – and you’ll realize there is so much to be proud of. All of your features are unique and beautiful in their own way. Love yourself. Love your accomplishments. Love your portion. You are fearfully and wonderfully made! You are beautiful my darling!
lots of love,
Communicating is hard sometimes, Right??!?! Who’s with me?!
Well I have really been reflecting on this area, because sometimes I just prefer to not say anything. But, here is the reality – that doesn’t solve anything – especially when it involves the ones you love. So here’s some things I noted.
- Talking isn’t necessarily communicating
- Listen with intention and understanding ( Yikes, I am still working on this! I have that gift of tuning conversations out)
- Understand when it’s time to talk and when it’s time to listen
- Practice to hear what each other is saying
- Take time to repeat what you’re saying if the person doesn’t really understand
- Avoid trying to communicate when you’re angry (Breathe. Think. Think again. Then remember Proverbs 18:21 NKJV “Death and life are in the power of the tongue and those who love it will eat it’s fruit” – then speak.
- Note your tone of voice (also working on this- I’ve always had a very serious, abrupt tone – but I realize this affects how people receive what I am trying to say even if it’s coming from a loving place so it is something you will have to actively work on)
- Remember you are on the same team – we are all part of God’s kingdom.
- Take your defense hat off
- Stop shifting the blame
Well there you have it!
Do you have any communication tips to share? Comment and let me know below.
Have a great Tuesday!
lots of love,
Does each person around you add to your life?
You have grown from the place you were… are they growing with you?
I recently read something that is very true:
“People will hold on very hard to your past because they don’t like the conviction they receive from the change they see in your life.”
Evaluate your circle.. You may be blocking your blessings by hanging with the wrong people! You have to understand that you have now been set apart. You will be pruned in every area of your life when this happens – they may not understand and that’s okay.
Elevation requires separation.
So this 2018, I encourage you to be close enough to lead and love them… but far enough to allow them to follow.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
lots of love and blessings,
Do we know how important it is to have sisters who pray for us?
I recently started a prayer group and it has been the best thing ever. Not only are we growing consistently in Christ, we pray, share experiences and support each other. Cry together, laugh together and do life together!
I can’t help but think of Queen Esther, in her time of trouble the first thing she did was ask for her friends to fast and pray for her before she got before the King.
Furthermore, when we pray for people – we begin to understand them. It’s hard to dislike people who we don’t understand. Don’t you think? They can be weird but you understand why they are weird and it just doesn’t bother you – because you start to pray for them.
Prayer works. It is important for us to ask God for a praying spirit and to pray for others. It will increase your prayer life and overall life more than you could ever imagine.
Ephesians 6:18 – “ praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints”
lots of love,
Pastor Heather Lindsey said:
“You will be mistreated. You will be wronged. You will be misunderstood. You will be spoken of poorly. You will experience all kinds of injustices. Forgive anyway. Don’t give place in your heart to any form of bitterness. Rather, let God’s love be shed abroad in your heart, and give it away as you have received it—not because it’s deserved, but precisely when it is deserved least—for that is exactly how God pours His love out on us.”
It made me think ……. no matter how many mistakes I make. God still loves me.
How many of us forgive anyway? How many of us are truly “loving”? What are we holding onto that we need to let go of ?
Love knows no limits, even when we think we have been wronged and misunderstood.
Corinthians is one of my favourite books in the Bible simply because the writer Paul highlights a few ways on how we should truly be living as a Christian.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 defines real love.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you patient with each other?
- Are you kind to each other?
- Are you never envious of each other?
- Do you never boast to or about each other?
- Is your relationship characterized by humility?
- Are you never rude to each other?
- Are you not self-seeking?
- Are you not easily angered with each other?
- Do you keep no record of wrongs?
- Are you truthful with each other?
- Do you protect each other?
- Do you trust each other?
Side- noted Tip: Someone shared with me recently if you’re in a relationship/courtship/marriage or even a friendship you should replace the word love with the name of the person.
Are we truly living in love? Remember God IS love.
lots of love,